Thursday, December 12, 2013

Movies, Movies, and More Movies

Thor: The Dark World The Best Man Holiday Black Nativity
 
Anyone who knows me knows that I love a good movie.  I don't know ... it's like for an hour and a half or so I get transported from the day-to-day happenings of my life into the world of somebody or something else.  Here are the latest movies that I've seen.
 
Thor: The Dark World: Now I must admit, I've been sleeping on these Marvel Comic movies.  Lately I've been catching up on all of them. I think it is so cute how they always have the creator somewhere in all of the movies.  Back to the review... I really liked this movie.  I hadn't seen the first one in this series but this second one was still easy to follow.  Not to mention that Thor is a hottie. The characters didn't seem real but I liked that fact. It was a fantasy. Another plus was the sexual chocolate from across the pond Idris Elba was in it and I think I saw Omari Hardick too. Verdict: SEE IT
 
The Best Man Holiday: I LOVED this movie.  I laughed. I cried. I was entangled in every single minute of it.  If you are anything like me you waited a long long lonnnggg time for this sequel to come, and I must admit ... in my opinion, it was better than the first one.  The story and the characters were more developed.  It was nice to see that they didn't try to pick up exactly where the last one had left off.  The writers made it clear that sometime had passed.  Another thing that I liked was that all of them were successful black people.  That is something that is so rare to see in movies these days. All of the characters seemed like real people. Down to earth. Like this could really be happening somewhere and we the audience were just flies on the wall.  My favorite scene was when the men did a little dance to Can You Stand the Rain by New Edition. Lance and Murch had a little rhtyhm lol. This sound track is the bomb.  Perfect for the upcoming Christmas Holiday season. Verdict: SEE IT
 
The Black Nativity: I enjoyed this movie but it was my least favorite of the three.  It was exactly what I expected but it did have a little family break-down twist.  Another thing that I didn't expect was Anglea Basset and Forrest Whitaker SINGing (He just didn't do it for me as a pastor though). I though the performances that the new young guy, Jennifer Hudson, Angela Basset, and Tyrese did were phenomenal. My celebrity crush Luke James was in there as well. He pretty much just stuck to singing.  Nas to just had no place in the movie if you as me.  He didn't contribute anything to the story. Verdict: MAYBE ... if your with the family for Christmas it might be nice, but make sure it is during the matinee.

No comments:

Post a Comment