Saturday, February 21, 2015

Online Dating ...or NAH


As most of you who read my blog already know ... I work A L O T.  Meeting people was never been really easy for me in the first place, but since I started working this 50+ hours a week, it has been even harder to score a date.  So I'm gonna keep it 100.  I set up an Online Dating Account.
 
Yeah I did it. LOL.
 
Overall, the experience so far, has been negative.  I haven't met anyone that I could see myself in a committed relationship with.  Hell, I haven't even met a guy that I would want to date twice.  I think the main reason why is because no one (that I have met yet) seems to want a relationship. To me, to me, to me ... it seems like all these guys want is a random hook-up or a steady sex partner, NOT A GIRLFRIEND. 
 
It's really quite discouraging.  I thought I would at least come across somebody that would be good for some conversation. I'm really starting to believe that technology has handicapped us as a society.  The men that I have encountered cannot hold a decent convo to save their lives.  When I ask them the simplest of questions like, "Can you tell me a little about yourself? What are your interest?" They can't even answer that!!
 
Man I miss the days when a guy had to actually approach a girl in person, at the skating rink or the mall, while she was with her friends.  Back then, before social media, people knew how to engage in social interactions.  We knew how to just live and enjoy the moment without a phone in our hands. BUT that is another rant for another time ...
 
 
Another thing that I've had happen a lot is that these guys don't look anything like their pictures. LOL.  They are fatter, shorter, missing hair or teeth, and most of the time older. Some of the men have been out of high school for more than a decade and are still using their senior pics. LOL.  I can't deal.
 
Lastly, most of these gentlemen are married or in live-in relationships, fronting like they don't have anybody while their spouse is at work. I'm gonna be honest. I've had one guys wife call me. The ish was crazy. What is even worse that the dude still tries to get in contact with me to this day. I don't know how he got around being blocked.
 
But with all of that negative stuff being said ... I'm probably going to keep my profile up for a while.  I know, crazy right?  But the thing is ... it's kind of addicting.  I like when I get a hit even though, so far, it hasn't panned out to be much. I'm hopeful that maybe one day something will pop off.
 
We'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment